This is our second round of online course ‘mixOmics R Essentials for Biological Data Integration‘ that includes 4 weeks of asynchronous learning (with one live summary + Q&A per week), numerous chats on Slack and an additional 3 weeks to complete the assignment. Some feedback from our last round can be found here. Our last survey seem to suggest most learners spent between 5-8h per week on the program.
- Teaching Period Dates, asynchronised:
- Start – Monday, 31st October 2022
- End – Sunday, 27th November 2022
- (non marked) Assessment due Sunday, 9th December 2022
- Peer-review of assessment due Sunday, 16th December 2022
- Live Q&A 5:30pm AEST (recorded)
- Fees vary for
- Research Higher Degree students enrolled at a University: $495 AUD (incl. GST)
- Staff and members from Universities & Not-for-profit organisations: $825 (incl. GST)
- Other industries: $1320 AUD (incl. GST)
- discounts of 5% for a group of 3-9 learners and 10% for 10+ learners, however, this will require a single invoice per group.
(these funds go towards the support of a software developer to maintain the package)
Information about the course and registration: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/short-courses/mixomics-r-essentials-for-biological-data-integration/
The number of places is limited, so first come first serve (we aim to run this course twice a year).
What if I need an invoice? Contact Student Support at continuing-education[at]unimelb.edu.au
Prerequisites. A good working knowledge in R programming (e.g. handling data frame, perform simple calculations and display simple graphical outputs) is essential to fully benefit from the course*. The course is divided into theory (50%) and hands-on practice, with the opportunity to analyse your own data. The exercises and assignments are in R. Participants are encouraged to use RStudio and Rmarkdown (template and R code provided).
- For those looking for an R refresher well ahead of the course:
- the R cheatsheets for reference: https://iqss.github.io/dss-workshops/R/Rintro/base-r-cheat-sheet.pdf
*Learners who are not proficient in R do not get the full benefit of the course (based on their own, honest, feedback!)